Thursday 28 February 2013

The Bradford Textile Society

That's right, it's that time again; the annual Bradford Textile Society Competition and I can't believe it's been a whole year since I last entered... And a whole two years since I was commended. Time certainly does fly.

If you're not sure what on earth I'm talking about; the annual Bradford textile society competition is open to all forms of textiles,
Print, mixed media, knit and weave. The competition has certain categories you can enter into and you have to design a product which matches the category description you wish to enter.

I've decided to enter my footstools this year as last year the project hadn't evolved enough and was completely different to my final outcome! So I don't think last years entry was very strong. I'm currently working on getting my mood boards together and finished - hopefully before the week is out - so that I can get them posted next week.

Here's a link to their website if you're after more info, closing date is the 15th though so get making :) the luxury is with this all you need is samples you don't need a final product - so less pressure :)

http://www.bradfordtextilesociety.org.uk/design_competition.html

No comments:

Post a Comment