Wednesday 26 February 2014

Pitter patter of teeny tiny feet...

Don't worry though, it's not me who's expecting, but my good friend from work. One of my other friends spotted a cute turtle photo-prop for baby photos on the Internet which looked gorgeously cute but wouldn't have made a very practical gift... So I tweaked the idea to make a fully functioning baby blanket. 


I started off using crocheted hexagons to form the turtle back. 


And then moved onto created the wrap around part of the blanket in stripes. It went well until I realised obviously the side of the shell isn't straight so it started to pucker! I just went with it...


And it kinda worked out in the end. Pretty chuffed with it! Now working on a few more surprises to add to the handmade hamper I'm making her, never had a baby close enough to make for before so I can't control myself :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment